Saturday, February 20, 2010

Best anime movie ever...

Well its a tie...I love Ninja scroll just as much.
Ghost in the shell was the inspiration for THE MATRIX, you can see the influences throughout the movie.
I am not a anime freak, I think 95% of it is total crap and very boring. I am more into the old school anime from the 60's, 70s and some from the 80s... stuff like "Battle of the planets", and "Starblazers".
I find a lot of it confusing and strange as hell and I stay right clear of that tentacle school girl rape shit, who buys that ... apparently thousands of people.
I was introduced to "Ninja scroll" and "Ghost in the shell", and fell in love with them after the 1st showing. I also loved Akira, which is kinda hard to follow but a good flick.
Osamu Tezukas "Metropolis" is interesting, Princess Mononoke is very well done but should have never been marketed as a kids movie. "Spirited away" looks like a little girls movie but it is very visually stunning and has a complex story.
Other flicks I dig are "Appleseed", "Paprika" and "Tekkinkinkreet".
I am pretty sure their are a few other movies I like and thats about it, the rest of it is a massive sea of lame ass shit.
GHOST IN THE SHELL... DOPE!
(Skip on Ghost in the shell 2 innocence, looks amazing but it sucks!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment